Hey there, everyone 😀
So, I bet some of you must have felt like eating something when you read, like when you read Stephanie Perkin’s Lola and the Boy Next Door, you’ll feel like eating pies because Lola’s dad bake pies. Or maybe you read some books that made you sad or depressed and all you want is some comfort food. Or maybe something from a book reminds you of some food.
OR maybe that’s just me haha
Anyways, this is how it works. It’s simple really. Just come up with a recipe or menu to go with a book you were reading.
Recently, I reread Fans of the Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa. The book just gripped my heart so much, and it made me so sad how things went out of control. And reading that made me want comfort food.
So, the recipe of the day is POTATO PIE! 🙂
Prep time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 – 40 minutes
- 8 potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 cups of full cream milk (add a bit more to get the consistency that you want)
- 250g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. Grease the casserole dish.
- Add in butter to the cubed potatoes and mash the potatoes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the milk until you get the consistency that you want. Then, stir in the mayonnaise. Add in half of the shredded cheese into the potatoes and continue stirring. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the egg before pouring it into the mashed potatoes. Stir until well mixed.
- Fill 3/4 of the casserole dish with the mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top until everything is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Serve with gravy, or eat it just like that.
So, that’s the recipe for my potato pie, my favourite comfort food. And it’s been verified delicious. I’m not bragging. I’ve been making this for every family dinners, and my friends always request this pie for out pot luck lunch.
If you decide to try this recipe, then I assure you won’t regret it.
I’ll come back with a new recipe next week. Until then, good bye. 😀