Hi everyone~ 🙂 Today is…*drumroll please*…the 1st of January 2017, and so, I’ve decided to look back at all I’ve done in 2016 and recount all of them—okay, not all of them, but just the important ones—here.
Since this is first and foremost, a book blog, I shall start with all the books that I have read this year (including rereads).
Books I’ve read in 2016:
- Artistic License – Katie Fforde
- The Accident Season – Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven
- Anatomy of a Misfit – Andrea Portes
- The Shadowhunter’s Codex – Cassandra Clare, Joshua Lewis
- The Madman’s Daughter – Megan Shepherd
- Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
- The Reluctant Heiress – Eva Ibbotson
- Recipe for Love – Katie Fforde
- A Countess Below Stairs – Eva Ibbotson
- The Selection – Kiera Cass
- The Elite – Kiera Cass
- The One – Kiera Cass
- The Heir – Kiera Cass
- Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
- Lola and the Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins
- Living Dangerously – Katie Fforde
- Surviving Haley – Brenda Baker
- Mr. March Names the Stars – Rivka Aaron-Hughes
- Jane Blond International Spy – Brianna Schatt
- Closer Home – Kerry Anne King
- Wild Swans – Jessica Spotswood
- Lie In Plain Sight – Maggie Barbieri
- The Lost Hero – Rick Riordan
- The Son of Neptune – Rick Riordan
- Mark of Athena – Rick Riordan
- House of Hades – Rick Riordan
- The Blood of Olympus – Rick Riordan
- Also Known As – Robin Benway
- Going Rogue – Robin Benway
- Playlist for the Dead – Michelle Falkkoff
- Two Lies and a Spy – Kat Carlton
- Sealed With A Lie – Kat Carlton
- Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
- Isla and the Happily Ever After – Stephanie Perkins
- Sophie – Jenny Sargam
- Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here – Anna Breslaw
- Solace – Therin Knite
- A Thousand Salt Kisses – Josie Demuth
- The Broken One – Christine H. Bailey
- You Before Anyone Else – Julie Cross
- Kasey Screws Up the World – Rachel Shane
- Every Exquisite Thing – Matthew Quick
- In the Blood – Sara Hantz
- Growing Up – Tricia Sol
- Going Wild – Jodi Lundgren
- The Trial of Apollo – Rick Riordan
- Finding Audrey – Sophie Kinsella
- Good Together – Valentina Heart
- Me Before You – Jojo Moyes
- The Art of Being Normal – Lisa Williamson
- Fall – Michelle Chow
- Pens and Swords – Rena Rocford
- Fans of the Impossible Life – Kate Scelsa
- Valley of the Moon – Bronwyn Archer
- The Hardy Boys Casefiles: Stress Point
- Because I Love You – Tori Rigby
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief – Rick Riordan
- King’s Conquest – Valentina Heart
- Owner of My Heart – Valentina Heart
- Two Hearts One Voice – Valentina Heart
- Am I Normal Yet – Holly Bourne
- The Shattered Seam – Kathleen Groger
- How Hard Can Love Be – Holly Bourne
- Savour the Moment – Nora Roberts
- Happy Ever After – Nora Roberts
- The Raven King – Maggie Stiefvater
- One Was Lost – Natalie D. Richards
- Poppies For Christmas
- My Friends Are All Strange – Margaret Lesh
- The French Impressionist – Rebecca Bischoff
- The Notable History of Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld – Cassandra Clare and Cassandra Jean
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do – Holly Bourne
- …And A Happy New Year – Holly Bourne
- The Secrets We Keep – Deb Loughead
- Rush – Sara Bennett Wealer
So, those are the books that I’ve read for the entire 2016. There were probably some that I didn’t list out (such as the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books that I’ve read because I didn’t bother remembering or listing down the title). But even if I’ve listed them down, I would still fail to achieve my 2016 Goodreads reading goal.
I guess I kind of overestimated myself when I set the goal. Early 2016, I had nothing to do but read, and my internet was so slow I wasn’t able to do anything online including read fanfictions. So, I’ve read more than ten books in January alone. But somewhere in the middle of the year, I’ve started reading a lot of fics again, especially after the Civil War movie, and ended up reading nothing but fanfictions. So now, I didn’t even achieve half of the goal I’ve set, which was 200 books.
Anyways, among all the books I’ve read in 2016, these are my top 1o favourites (in random order):
There was a lot of movies that came out in 2016, and because I am a movie buff, I often went to the cinema as soon as they came out, most of the time with my family, and friends, but nowadays, I often went alone too. I feel like I could concentrate more, and be more emotional if I went to watch them alone. I also watched a lot of movies online, movies that I haven’t watched before. There are some that I disliked, and some that I loved.
My top 10 favourites movies that I watched in 2016 are:
As you may, or may not know, aside from reading fanfictions, I also write them. Unfortunately, I haven’t written much or updated much this year. The only series I updated was my Malec Alphabet Soup series, and that too I only updated once every few months. I have a lot of drafts for other fanfictions, but I never did finish writing a complete chapter, which is why I never posted them. Yet.
This year, there are five types of fanfictions that I am still so crazily in love with:
- Post-Civil War Captain America/ Avengers fanfictions, where Tony Stark and Sharon Carter are friends/know each other since they were young/psuedo-cousins, and everyone are protective of Tony, and the Team Captain America gets what they deserve for the mess that is Civil War
- IronPanther fanfictions. Yup, I fell in love with Tony Stark/T’Challa pairing.
- Tony Stark/ Dr. Strange fanfictions. I fell in love with that pairing after watching Dr. Strange. My new ship everyone.
- Secretly married Tony Stark/ Sam Wilson (IronFalcon)
- James T. Kirk/ Spock T’hy’la fanfictions, where they meet when they were young + Tarsus IV fics
On the blogging front, I… haven’t been posting a lot. I joined the Top 5 Wednesday group but sometimes I didn’t participate. I also didn’t write a lot of reviews this year, despite requesting a lot of books from Netgalley (I’m really really sorry about that). But I had been participating in a lot of blog tour this year.
I haven’t really connected with anyone from the book blogging/ blogging community, and I don’t know why I can’t seem to connect with anyone. It was easier when I was in the song coverists community, so I don’t know why this is different. But there is one blog has recently became my favourite.
On the personal front, well… Apparently I failed a large number of my 2016 resolutions.
- I am still the loser who can’t seem to find or land herself a job despite it being a year since I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree
- I didn’t even manage to complete one novel that I started writing yeaarsss ago
- I couldn’t complete my Malec Alphabet Soup series, and now it’s been 4 years since I first posted that fic.
- I failed to curb my urges to buy books.
- My diet is an epic fail.
Well, that’s about it. I was supposed to post this at precisely 12:00 midnight, but now it’s already 1:30 in the morning. But oh well.
So, how have your 2016 been? Did you have fun? Read a lot of books? Complete a lot of goals? I would love to hear from you, so comment down below if you like, and well, like my post 😀